Friday, September 10, 2010

Link Up With Cuff Links

Eugene R.Klompus
From http://www.l-w.cc/blog/link-up-with-cuff-links.html

Are you looking for a collectible that is inexpensive to buy,very available,easy to store in a small space,and can be displayed on your sleeve?Sounds too good to be true? Well,let me tell you about the hobby of cuff link collecting!


I first began collecting cuff links during my teens;I was attracted by the many colors and designs.Later,as an adult,I came to appreciate their smart appearance on my shirt cuffs.Throughout it all,I labored under the impression that I was the only cuff link collector in the world.I couldn’t have been more wrong!There are many thousands of cuff link collectors throughout the United States;there are thousands more throughout the world.What’s more,hundreds more join their ranks each month.


Like most hobbies,cuff link collecting is addictive;the deeper you get into it,the more interested you become.Fortunately,it can be a very affordable hobby.And, though some collectors concentrate on only the most expensive varieties of cuff links,others buy them for as little as 25 cents per pair at neighborhood garage sales.No doubt,the ability to buy at low prices is a big part of the allure for many collectors.Eventually,practically all collectors seem to"graduate"to at least a few pairs of"special"cuff links.Typically,it’s the desire for a solid gold pair,a pair of"signature"cuff links(a pair that was created by a well-known designer and bears his/her name)or a pair that carries some nostalgic reference.One New York City collector recently purchased an entire collection just to gain ownership of a pair that once belonged to her movie idol,the late Clark Gable.

 Collecting Cuff Links

No comments:

Post a Comment